Merry Christmas To All And To All A Good Night



Well, Christmas has nearly come and gone. It was a whirlwind of visiting friends and family. The boys are beyond exhausted. Being out late has made for tired and cranky kids especially since we are all fighting colds at the moment. I think Austin started to get the idea of presents this year, however once he opened one he was only interested in that ONE toy and didn't realize there were more to be had =) Mason didn't really seem to care to much. He opened a present or two but I don't think he really "got it" yet. He had more fun with a roll of paper towels he found in the laundry room than with any of the presents. Next year will be loads of fun as they will have both matured more. I enjoyed the company and of course the food. I think I have gained 10 pounds in the last 24 hours alone. Good thing I bought Dave a treadmill for Christmas. I will be needing it. As stressful as it was at times with the boys being so out of their routines, I would just take a deep breath and remember that I will miss all of the tantrums and chaos one day. I can say that I love the holiday season and can't wait until the boys are older and I can get SO into the season that it drives everyone nuts!
In closing I am so grateful for my family, my perfect boys and this beautiful life I have been blessed with. Cheers to a 2009 just as wonderful (with more to add to the mix = )

We also attempted to go to Christmas Eve service at the boys church. Umm, it did not go so well! I was sweating bullets, no really my armpits were soaked simply trying to calm the boys down and distract them. Austin was screaming "bye bye" at the top of his lungs for all to hear, so I took him outside for a break and then Mason immediately had a meltdown because Austin and I had left. I wanted to give that time to who it belonged but with two children under two it just wasn't possible. We will try again next year or only go when the nursery is open. I think God understood, my kids were definitely screaming loud enough for him to hear.

Until next year, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night


post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy One Month Birthday Baby Boy

And he's off

Stream Of Consciousness