Buh Bye

What a week it's been. Easy for me to say since Paxton was the one who actually endured it. Really though, I seriously felt like he looked at me and said Mom this is nothing compared to two open heart surgeries.

                                                                         (Pre- Op)


                                                            (Post-Op- Holy Swollen Batman)


He spent at least 24 hours between the two days with no food in his belly and handled it like a man!  He had his old feeding tube removed through (gag) his throat and a new one put in. I mean people, there's a hole in his belly and you would think he had a mosquito bite. The kid could care less.  It's quite impressive!
So today we said a BUH and a BYE to his old peg g-tube!

                                                  (Ghetto bath at the hotel :)



And a HELLO to his brand new, shiny mickey button. No tube to try and pull out. Just a cute lil button now.



************************

Paxton and I missed out on a lot of the new mom/baby bonding time in the beginning. He spent more than the first sixty days of his life in a hospital bed.  There was no sleeping with Momma and snuggling. He was in his mini jail and I was at Ronald McDonald house, so as hard as this time away from his brothers is, I realize I am grateful for it because Paxton and I are catching up on our bonding.  When I see these pictures (some clearly i phone, some kick a*# canon) that we took together because we were well...bored in between hospital trips, I realize this little boy loves me so very much.  I know that while we may not have been able to snuggle in bed together, it's clear he knows that I have been the one person who has been there from day one through all of his struggles. This has bonded us more than I could have ever hoped for.  Today several people, nurses and a friend, tried to soothe him as we waited. He was tired, hungry and they all tried soothing him to sleep to no avail, but as soon as I took him he laid his head on my shoulder and went to sleep.  My heart swelled.




My sweet, sweet miracle boy!  I am so proud of you once again!  Whatever is put in your path you mow over like it's nothing. You win over the hearts of anyone that meets you and I sit with you on my lap, glowing and proud.

My cup runneth over Paxie!




~J

Comments

cici said…
He thrives on your energy and love. He feels safe and loved and nothing can beat that!
God chose you to be his mommy for a reason. Your the best!
Neha said…
Hope and pray that Paxton is doing better now. He is a hero!
Courtney Raines, GA said…
God Bless You! I have been following your blog for awhile now. And your strength amazes me, along with Paxton and your entire family. Just felt the need to write today. Your blog brought tears to my eyes today. It is awesome being a mom!
OMGOODNESS! Save the best for last! That last picture was by far one of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen! Of course you are working with a great "subject" so that makes it a little easier to get a great shot, lol.
He is such a mix of the other boys! So glad things went so smoothe and you are on your way home!
Jamie Kubeczka said…
So glad to hear Paxton's surgery went well. He is the cutest thing!! Love all your pictures, they are truly priceless.
Sue said…
ohhh what a picture! Beautiful Boy!!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy One Month Birthday Baby Boy

And he's off

Stream Of Consciousness