The Miracle Of Life

Today was such an amazing day! We were given such a gift. Our doctors office got a new ultrasound machine and needed patients to practice on. Of course, I jumped at the chance to see our baby since it has been nearly 11 weeks since our last peek. It was truly breathtaking! For starters, I think I completely changed my mind from girl to boy. Going in today, I have been feeling that it's a girl, simply because this is the most active baby to date. I mean the child does not stop, which I consider a blessing this time around since we lost our last baby and I have been a little (ok a lot!) more nervous this pregnancy. So the constant movement has been so reassuring. The baby looks exactly like Mason. I mean s/he has his nose, his chin and his chubby cheeks. Oh' yes and s/he literally picked his or her nose right on camera for all to see. I mean, if that isn't Mason I don't know what is!!!!!

See, that's MASON! Well, for those of you who know Mae Mae, that picture is a duplicate of him! So now, I just don't know if it's a boy or girl anymore. I am freaking dying to find out! Healthy is all I care about, but I have to say the suspense is killing me, and I am pretty sure after today that it's killing my husband too. Oh' and my sister too!
Here, the baby is yawning, you know cause it's hard being a super star and all!

The baby weighs 3 pound 2 ounces and is measuring a week ahead, but that's never a shocker considering its a West baby! Last week, Dave and I went to Babies R Us and got all of the essentials for the baby. I won't lie, I literally broke down in the middle of the store. I could not believe I have made it this far. I am over 7 months pregnant and finally allowing myself to prepare and plan for this baby. It was so exciting and yet emotional at the same time. Losing a baby changes things. You never look at pregnancy the same therefore to make it this far is such a joy. This weekend we will begin to get the baby's room ready. Although I will not paint or buy bedding until we know the sex, we will put Mason in his big boy bed (ahh!) and give this baby his furniture. The ultrasound today just added to the excitement and joy! I now have a beautiful little face to go with the constant kicks and movement. I will close my eyes tonight in gratitude for the peace that has been given to me, for the gift of seeing our baby today and for our health to this point. I will close my eyes and pray that everything continues to go well and that we make it to fruition with a beautiful, healthy baby boy or girl in 2 months. Life is good. God is good and he continues to remind me that he is near.


post signature

Comments

Hilary said…
Oh!! That is so awesome!!! I'm so happy for you that you were able to get a 4-D ultrasound! What a beautiful baby you have there :)
Congrats on making it past 7 months!
Our babies will be here before we know it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy One Month Birthday Baby Boy

And he's off

Stream Of Consciousness