Tuesday, March 27, 2012


Oh hell yah!!!!


We broke out peeps!!! I type this to you from my very own bed!!!

We were discharged last evening. We didn't tell Daddy and walked into the house around 7:30 without him ever knowing. He was beyond surprised!  So surprised in fact, that he was chillin in his "man pants"  when we walked in so no pictures are able to posted of the Daddy/Pax reunion. ; D

The older two boys were already down for the night which was good because it allowed us to get Pax acclimated. We gave him a shower/bath to keep his incision from being submerged, yet allowed us to wash all of that hospital off of him so much better than the brotha baths he got for two weeks. He stumbled around like a drunken soldier (he is still sooo weak) from room to room checking everything out and playing with his toys.  I hovered like the helicopter mom I so am not.

I put him to sleep in his very own bed. Clean sheets and all. He won't let me out of his sight.  I laid with him until he was asleep, then snuck out to be in my own bed.  By 2 am I was back in his bed. He woke up crying for me and a running I went.  My nearly 33 year old hips, those hips destroyed by running, beg of me not to spend another night on my side curled around him. They ache and hurt so badly, but I will ache and hurt until the day I die for that boy.  Pax is acclimating. It's not easy. The transition from hospital to home life has affected us both more this time than it ever has before.  He was up all night tossing and turning. He cries at the drop of a hat.  So do I.
In my mind it was going to be fireworks and huge tada's. Instead, it's been more of a tears and hugs homecoming.  Which is better because I am not sure either of us could handle fireworks this go round.

The boys skipped school today to be with us. Then tonight I left Paxton home with Daddy and took the boys to a baseball signing event.  I can truly admit, because I am always honest on this blog, that I was in no way ready to be out in public yet.  I went because I wanted to spend time with the boys, but any hospital mom can attest to a waiting period that is needed when going from  living in a 15 x 15 room to being out in the world, among people, and the fast pace that life these days holds.   I wasn't there yet, but I got time with my boys in spite of it and we all know I have been on pins and needles waiting for that.

Each day will get better, the tears will subside and Pax will get stronger.  So too, will I.  Life doesn't allow us to hibernate for long and just as anything else takes practice, so does getting back to the real world after being absent from it for awhile.  S'gonna be ok.  We have climbed mountains thus far... this here is just molehill.


Reunited and it feels so goooood....

Thank you and a little something on my mind post coming up after Paxie and I get caught up on our sleep a bit.

We are home.  Life, while weepy, is so SO sweet!

Love and hugs~


Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're home. Wonderful news! Imagine Paxton's older brothers were excited to see you and their little brother the next morning.
I've been choking back tears as I read your blog posts over the past couple of weeks. My little love always asks who's in the picture(s) when I'm perusing your blog.


Amy Bennett said...

Oh wow! Oh wow! Oh wow! SO beyond thrilled for you! Way to show 'em how it's done Pax! Will be praying for things to settle down - and Pax to get back up to full speed. :-)

Heart Hugs,
Amy & Bodie

Anonymous said...

YAY JUST AMAZING NEWS!!! I'm in awe at how amazing Pax has done. Seriously he is an inspiration and I pray oh so hard my Jordan can do even just half as well as Pax at least when he has his Fontan.
So lovely to read you guys are home n well.
Lots of love n hugs n well done Pax for being such a brave worrier like always.
Lv Elis xx

cici said...

Sleep and enjoy your family.

Janine said...

Yay! I'm happy for you guys.

blog archive

Search This Blog

My Peeps