Were Movin On Down!

Step down unit here Paxton comes! Oh yah!  He's got it like that!
We are being moved over to the step down unit later today.  In a mere 3 days Paxton has gone from this:

To this:


A work of God, my little man is.  Truly and honestly, he blows my mind. Some would say why are you posting a picture of him in that condition. I say because no body can grasp all that he has been through unless you are in the thick of it.  This picture takes my breath away. He is six months old and this is the second time he has gone through this. I post this picture because my dear friends if you think you are having a bad day. Look at this baby.  If you think you've got it bad, look at this baby. Then look at how he has recovered in 3 days. My son, could teach the entire world a lot about happiness, fight and spirit!  He has every reason to be a cranky baby and yet look at him.  He teaches me every day to remember what is important.  There isn't a whole lot he gets upset about. It's like at 6 months he already knows not to sweat the small stuff and at 30 years old I strive every single day to be just like my son!
**************
The medical update:
Paxton is off of oxygen and breathing room air at exactly the rate he should be. Between 80 and 85 percent saturation. Healthy hearts saturate at 100 percent.  This will always contribute to him tiring more easily.  He had his chest tube pulled.  Two very big lines pulled and he remains with only one central line.  He is tolerating feeds, while not as much as before surgery, he is still eating a good amount.  He is on zero i.v. medications and if you look at my last post, that in and of itself is a miracle. His lungs are still really wet, the doctor is actually surprised by this. Most babies would have cleared by now. They are not going to put a chest tube in, but rather continue watching it as it has not gotten any worse, it's just not gone either.  As I write this, he is passed out snoring, such a beautiful sound when I think of where he was just 3 days ago.
We will be moving to the step down unit later today!  Step down unit is the last step before home. That's not to say we are outta here tomorrow or anything, it just means he's not nearly as critical, which is awesome! Because Wednesday he was still critical!   Before long, I just know he's gonna bust outta this joint and we will be on the journey home, with two open heart surgeries under his belt and a whole heck of a lot of love surrounding him and the world as his oyster!





I will keep you updated!
A big thank you to Nana Kimmie for all she has done for our little man! I'm pretty sure she's ready to run away with him forever! She loves him so much ; ) She has also allowed me to go get some rest and gets whatever I may need so I can be here with Paxton.
Thank you also to my BFF "Eyeween" for taking the older two boys while Dave was up here for Paxtons surgery and recovery.  The boys are pretty much ready to pack up and jump ship to be on yours they had so much fun!  Knowing my other loves were taken care of meant so much!


post signature

Comments

Jenn, what a great update! Yay Paxton, you are AMAZING!
Melissa G said…
These pictures bring tears to my eyes. He is my hero too! What a wonderful little man you have there! His smile just lights up the room! I'm so glad to hear he's doing better!
Anonymous said…
Been reading quietly and am so glad for clear progress (we know a bit about how many things can delay discharge). It is truly amazing how these little warriors can endure things so stoically and even smile in the midst of it.

May God continue to sustain you and bring Paxton on home quickly!

Rolf and Trish
parents of Rudy (HLHS)
Santa Barbara , CA
cici said…
Such happy news. Glad to see you smiling again along with your baby boy.

Popular posts from this blog

And he's off

Happy One Month Birthday Baby Boy

Stream Of Consciousness