Overload

There are some things weighing heavy on my heart right now. Things that I will share once I have a better handle on it.  I am just asking God to guide me in the right direction. When I wake to feed Paxton at 4 am, I am praying and asking for guidance. When I lay my head to rest at night, I pray and doze off mid prayer. I am hoping God understands my exhaustion.  These added worries are only making me more tired.  As a Mother, I will do whatever is needed for my children, but sometimes the starting point is the hardest place to find.  My heart walks around in these little children that my husband and I created, and it is powerful beyond words. I think back to all that we have endured this past year and I am confident that this too shall pass.  When I feel overwhelmed I stop, breathe and look around at all of the blessings bestowed upon us.  God never gives us more than we can handle and while some days I feel like a failure as a Mother. An gem of a friend told me this, "Jen, you are the most amazing Mother, I am not just saying that. God obviously agrees with me because he thinks you have the strength and love to handle those sweet boys". I tucked that statement away in my heart for days when I feel responsible for what I ultimately have no control over.  
One of my all time favorite quotes is this and lately I go back to it and remind myself how true it is.  
 
As a Mother my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible.

I am hoping to be able to share yet again how the Wild Wild Wests will rise above another measly speed bump in the journey we call life.  

post signature

Comments

Kaylan said…
praying for your sweet family and whatever struggles you are facing right now.
Dear Lord, I pray that you will surround Jenn and her family. I pray that you will hold them in the palm of Your hand and see them through this time. I pray that she will constantly feel Your presence and will be comforted by it. Lord, I thank you for trusting her to take care of these 3 marvelous creations and I pray that she trusts you to help her with their care. Thank you for your great mercy and grace.
In Christ Name, Amen
Jenn, that was so well written. I will say some extra prayers for you and your family...
Jamie Kubeczka said…
Oh Jenn, I am praying for you. I know you must be just exhausted. Sometimes I feel the same way as a mother and I just keep trying to pull it together somehow or another. I pray that God will guide you through this bump and praise you for all you have done.
Rebekah said…
Hi Jenn. Rebekah from Siesta Key..I've commented once before. I hope everything is ok. Your post has me worried. Just remember you are such an amazing Mom, to be able to handle two toddlers and a baby with special needs! Whenever I feel overwhelmed with my little boys (3&4) I think about you and I feel more grounded! Hang in there!
Our Family said…
Jenn, we are praying for your heavy heart and tired mind. You are a wonderful mama, wife and friend. God does know exactly what you need. Praying that you get a peace with everything soon. With love, Leigha
Unknown said…
Hi Jenn,
I am a friend of Tammy's in Lewisville, TX. Prayers go out to you and your family. My daughter was born full term but had two seizures at birth and was in the hospital for 6 weeks. I am there with you not the same situation but the same fear. You are right about "God only gives us what we can handle" my mother told me that same thing and I totally agree. Stephanie is 18 years old and the joy of our life. I will continue to pray for Paxton and your family. May God Bless all of you, Marianne

Popular posts from this blog

Happy One Month Birthday Baby Boy

And he's off

Stream Of Consciousness