Lake June Baby!

How does the song go.... back to life, back to reality.  Mmm hmm, less than 24 hours upon our return from one of the best weeks ever I was bellied up in the pediatricians office; one kid with swimmers ear and one with a yeast infection in a place where boys should never get one, just saying. The water and sunscreen took its toll on my babies.  Eczema flared, toddlers sat in swimmies to long leading to exhibit B ; ) and baller little boys jumped off the second story dock that led to an ear ache so bad I couldn't take his shirt off. Oh the price we pay for fun eh'!


This was Mason and I in one of the early, note: early, 30 minutes of shut eye he got since sitting in that doctors office.  Kid was in serious pain and was up ALLLL night.   So tonight, my pictures are phone I Phone pictures, because we all know girlfriend always has her phone by her side making it all to easy to shoot the hell out of some good times.  My Canon ones are to follow when I have had more than 30 minutes of sleep.  For now though I couldn't wait to share one of the most relaxing, fun, belly laughing weeks ever!  Lord knows I love some me some belly laughing and lord knows I need it.  I have been all to emotional lately over Paxton.  I just can't nix this fear that encompasses me.  I may or may not have cried one to many times during this fabulous week out of sheer fear that he wouldn't be here next year to enjoy this little slice of heaven.... why, why can't I just push it aside.  Gahhh!
Anyway back to the fun!

Like......oh I don't know, jumping off of two story docks screeching like a little girl the whole way down:


Or.....getting up on water ski's for the first time in ohhh' I dunno two decades and on the first try (just thought you should know that.  This beaten body still has it! Booya)


But mostly it was being with my babies, my family and amazing friends for 7 days.  Where from sun up to sun down we romped around in our "swim soups" with nowhere to go and nowhere to be.  Heaven I tell you!





Or watching my Dad also get up on skis for the first time in even longer than two decades, my brother rocked it too.  Oh my heart swelled to see my loved ones grinning from ear to ear and I laughed even more as the days progressed and we all gimped around as if being hit by a mack truck.  Tubing and skiing are no easy task and our bodies are still letting us know that.


And in the words of  Pitbull  "and I might drink a little more than I should tonight..."  will lead girlfriends to bust out to the The Wap on the lake dock for God and all the world to see. Awesomeness!!!!


Cause seriously isn't that what it's all about.  Having fun, dancing as if no one were watching and eating up this life!  We ate it up! Oh yes we did:



And the most priceless of all:










Making memories with my boys that will last a lifetime.  Cheering so loud I peed myself when Austin my ultra shy boy jumped off the deck.  Or fist pumping when Mason beat me in air hockey.  Or tearing up when Paxton snuggled with me on the dock with a "sucker".  They will grow up knowing that every Summer we go to the Lake.  It's a place where life slows down and love races.  

The view from there.....


We said goodbye to the First Annual Soulard/West Lake June Vacation, but know that there are many more to come.
Note the sign language for the letters S and W.  Told ya, you go right back to being a kid there.


Until October Lake June, until October XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy One Month Birthday Baby Boy

And he's off

Stream Of Consciousness