Holy Halloween Batman (pun intended...)


 Oh hey there...

Bet ya'll forgot about me... I don't blame you.  Not sure why I have refused to sit down and write lately. My heart has been kind of full, heavy, overflowing if you will. It happens I suppose, but it doesn't allow for good writing.  No one wants to read the hard stuff.  The injured and unable to run Chicago marathon which was my goal for like ever now that was probably a blessing in disguise because I am not sure Chicago is a good place to step foot, now or maybe ever stuff.  The not sleeping, constant worry, gearing up for Fontan surgery stuff.  The memory lane, song sends you over the edge, just don't understand stuff.  Yah' that's the stuff you shove down, push away, avoid at all costs because it hurts stuff.  So I grab my rather large box of band aids and cover it all up with quiet birthdays at home, wild birthdays out with friends, spooning with my babies, afternoons at the zoo, tractor riding, pumpkin patching, nemo and batman pimpin' par-tays!   The neosporin for the heart is seeing my babies happy.  Good salve right there...their love is strong enough.

This below heals, and in a lot of ways is the only smidge of understanding in all that I doubt... It's our kids.  For our kids.  


Quiet parties at home.  Sunset in the background. Gorgeous baby who has overcome mountains.  Who lives to see another year, oh hell yah!  Half a heart whaaaa?



****************************

Then there's some cheers to the freak~in weekend~ and I'll drink to that....

Happy Birthday to me from my peeps....







And we start out like so:




And up like this....




Yup that's hot stuff right there and I post because this is sooo us.

Also, there should be zero doubt where my son got his ginormous mouth.  The proof is in the puddin eh'



***************************

Ahem...
In other news:

Did I mention we are gearing up for Halloween around here. Holy festivities! We started with the pumpkin patch...








pax was all like um mom you forgot meeee

and i was all like full blown standing on my head trying to get all three kids to smile, you see where that got me...




 Next up:

The Philharmonic for some face painting, trick or treating fun.




Costume contest... Nemo won. Duh!

Cause really who can beat that gorgeous angel face...just sayin ; )



Add on a little Fall Festival at the boys school:

superrr proud of my cautious boy for riding that horse like he owned it

not sure why I am all what up yo' in this pic...

And we top off this sundae with class party after class party:

big brother lending some support on the playground

as per usual, he rallies


Batmans turn:



Austins will follow on Monday morning after which I will have returned at 1 am from South Carolina.  Godson is getting baptized this weekend so I will be leavin on a jet plane tomorrow.  Holla!

I would say that's probably enough Halloween.  Until Monday. Meeting adjourned.

*****************

That right there is my Daddy.  Oh yah!  He SO has it like that, ranked top 20 in the...wait for it... nation! 
SO stinkin proud and for a man that raised his daughter as a single dad, survived a heart attack at 39, was told he would never run again, but so still does and gets up at 4 am 6 days a week to train his team, I would say he most definitely deserves this honor!  Love you "Morester" Dad!

best smile everrr!

And when we aren't winning costume contests and partyin like rockstars, we lay low and snuggle up by the light of the moon for story time.  We search for the stars with our "noculars". We ride tractors and wear rain boots to the grocery store.




and yes he actually drives the tractor. alone.  at 2.  cause we are country bumpkins like that.



Time together.  Listening to them squabble, tattle, belly laugh, console and play with each other is truly what makes me whole.  When my mind wanders off I go to my phone and play a video of them.  Or wander across the house and sneak in for an extra kiss.  There isn't a song in the world that could truly portray me.  The feelings.  The hardship.  The fight.  The loss.  The love.  It is all so intertwined there is no unraveling it, ever.  So I keep applying that salve when I need it knowing that these are the days and that we are all under the same stars.  For all I don't understand there is so much that I do and I go to what I do know, trust in that and trust in this journey.

thank you morgan for this reminder....love you

Happy Halloween my peeps!

I am peacing out to South Carolina. Bring on the cold!

Hugs,
J


Thank you I'm gonna miss you...



Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday, Jenn, from your Santa Barbara Heart pals. So grateful for all the living you been doing and glad to get an update.

All happiness aside, Rudy feels we need to speak out on Paxton's behalf. The Nemo costume? Cute and all, but where is the dignity? Hope it was a sizable cash prize...

Have a great weekend!

Rudy and Co...
Neha said…
A great update and WOW pictures! Congrats to your father...you sure are a proud daughter! And love the kids as always!

Take care

Popular posts from this blog

Happy One Month Birthday Baby Boy

And he's off

Stream Of Consciousness