Checking In

Boy do I have so much to share, unfortunately I have a little man named Paxton that is going through some rough spots right now. For one, he has thrush and it's making him very uncomfortable and sore. Two, this HLHS baby does NOT sleep. As in ever! Maybe an hour or two at a time all night and same goes for the day. We are all feeling the affects of this, including Pacxton whom I just got down to sleep, in his swing I might add. Desperate we are over here! : ) Even still I have managed to still drag myself to work out at 5 am and try to do something fun with the older two boys every day! Let me tell you it's been fun and I have oh' so many pictures I am dying to share! I am hoping to get a good post up tomorrow so keep checking in and you all just wait for my next life with boys post, which I hope to have up very soon as it keeps getting longer and longer. You are sure to pee yourselves!
Until then, y'all get some shut eye for a girl would ya!
~J
ps if any cardiac moms who read have any tips on sleep, do share. He can't cry it out bc its to stressful on his heart. He's upright, propped and pillowed. I have white noise. He gets mylicon, Zantac and Tylenol. I don't know what else....So any tips are appreciated.
Nighty night all--for an hour ; )

Comments

I wish I had some advice for getting a good nights sleep. We can trade for a day... ha. Owen sleeps at least 12 hours straight at night and then around 4-5 hours during the day. When he's not sleeping, he's laying around .. on the couch, on the floor, in bed... just laying there.

Paxton just doesn't want to miss out on any excitement. Perhaps you should make life a little more boring. :) Joking.
Oh Jen, I don't have a heart baby but I have an asthma/reflux baby that can't cry it out for different reasons. My only thought was do you think his reflux meds are working??? You may want to consider asking for previcid, it was a miracle for two of my babies as the zantac did nothing.
I hope you get some sleep soon!
Anonymous said…
I agree with the mom of 4 monkeys. My lil one has acid reflux and was on zantac which has a high amount of alcohol and can cause a baby to not sleep or have a hard time sleeping. Zantac also only works in 10% of pts. We switched her to prevacid twice a day and boy what a diffrence yesterday she slept for 4 hours in the morning and still slept through the night.

Jennifer

Popular posts from this blog

Happy One Month Birthday Baby Boy

And he's off

Stream Of Consciousness